2023 Student Work in Museums (SWIM) Poster Session NCMC Annual Meeting - Call for Poster Proposals
- To showcase projects and research by students in museum studies programs or related academic programs who have conducted museum-based projects
- To provide an opportunity for students to obtain new insights, share ideas and projects, and network with museum colleagues in an informal setting.
- The SWIM Poster Session will be held at the NCMC Annual Meeting on Monday, March 27.
- Each presentation will have 6' of table space, and you are welcome to bring handouts, tabletop easels, table-size backgrounds, or anything else that fits into your space and helps to explain your project. You may bring laptops or other electronic equipment, but each table will not have individual electrical connections and the room will not have WIFI, so make sure that your electronic devices are fully charged.
- Please submit a brief description of the work you would like to highlight in your poster (no more than 500 words).
- In your submission, please also include the name of the institution for which the work was completed, the name of your academic institution, the name of your program, the dates when the work was undertaken and completed, the goal or goals of the project, and if possible, an assessment of how the goal or goals were met.
- Submissions are due January 30, 2023 by 11:59 PM and you will be notified of your acceptance by February 6, 2023.
Please email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posters should be able to fit on the table space provided and be supported by an easel (bring your own tabletop easel, or request one in advance).
- Printed materials must be easily read at a distance of four feet.
- Each display should include the title of the project, the name of the presenter(s), and his/her/their affiliation
- NCMC recommends a point size of 16–18 or larger for body text.
- The presenter must remain by their display for the duration of the session.
Questions? Contact Jessie Swigger at email@example.com