[listing expires 07/31/2024]
Organization Name: Preservation Greensboro Incorporated
Organization Website: www.preservationgreensboro.org
The Executive Director of Preservation Greensboro Inc. is responsible for creating an atmosphere in which volunteers and staff can successfully meet the objectives of the organization’s mission. This action-oriented professional is responsible for day-to-day leadership, financial management, and growth of the organization. S/he will cultivate and sustain a strong team-oriented culture with an emphasis on collaboration, results, and accountability. A successful Executive Director will ensure organizational financial sustainability, maintain a reputation for excellence, and identify opportunities for mission-related impact in the community.
Provides inspired and motivating leadership to the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers; mobilizing the varied talents and resources available to plan for and deliver growth in mission impact. This involves developing overall goals, timelines, and budgets in partnership with the Board and ensuring goals are achieved and performance meets or exceeds expectations.
Leads the execution of strategic revenue plans to drive diverse and sustainable growth; consistently delivering against established revenue/expense targets. This includes ensuring that the responsibilities and accountabilities are well-defined in the functions of relationship management, cultivation, stewardship, and pipeline development.
Board Recruitment; Development
Nurtures ongoing development of an engaged and high-performing board by fostering mutual trust and respect, emphasizing shared leadership and responsibility, and providing thoughtful reflection on performance. Keeps board leadership current on all PGI communications and programs.
Public Policy and Advocacy
Positions PGI as an effective, vital, historic preservation organization. Represents Preservation Greensboro at all appropriate public meetings and functions and makes effective public presentations. Establishes and maintains relationships with key individuals in both the public and private sectors. Works for strong communications with local elected officials and related nonprofit organizations.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
Oversees the development of all promotional and communications strategies. Leads all public relations efforts and serves as the Preservation Greensboro spokesperson.
Staff and Financial Management
Establishes administrative policies and procedures for all day-to-day functions and operations for a full-time staff of three plus contracted services. Preserves the fiscal responsibility by operating within the approved budget; maximizing resource utilization and maintaining financial records and forecast reports. Oversees submission to the board of annual and monthly statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Performs personnel management functions including but not limited to performance management, training, supervision, and hiring/termination.
● At least 5 years’ professional nonprofit experience, with a clear record of achievement in a complex, mission-driven organization; minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
● Bachelor's degree in disciplines related to business, public administration, communications, planning, and/or historic preservation. Advanced degree in historic preservation or related fields is preferred.
● Record of success in a fundraising leadership role, particularly in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers. It is anticipated PGI will conduct a capital campaign in the near future so professional or volunteer experience is a plus.
● Experience with managing a preservation revolving fund and/or preservation projects is desired.
● Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
● Exceptional management skills and the ability to inspire, lead, and motivate a talented staff team; developing and sustaining an inclusive and respectful work environment through all interactions with staff and volunteers.
● Ability to be a passionate spokesperson/representative of PGI’s mission.
● High degree of energy, integrity, transparency, and creativity.
● Proven track record of success and accomplishments.
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000-80,000