[listing expires 03/01/2024]
Organization Name: Cashiers Historical Society
Organization Website: www.cashiershistoricalsociety.org
Cashiers Historical Society (CHS) looks for an experienced and creative Marketing and Events Director (M&E). The M&E Director will work with the Executive Director to develop marketing and communication plans to promote CHS’s mission and related programs. In addition to marketing, this position will also develop, manage, and execute the organization’s events. The largest event is the Cashiers Designer Showhouse, CHS’s primary fundraiser. The M&E Director will organize Showhouse with the event’s leadership team. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio illustrating your marketing experience to email@example.com
1. General Marketing and Communication Duties
The Marketing and Events Director will develop and implement a marketing campaign to publicize CHS. The Marketing and Events Director will publicize all events produced by CHS including, Heritage Apple Day, The Airing of the Quilts, the Symposium, the Mountain Heritage Lectures, Founders Day and Christmas at Colonel John’s Cabin. These duties will be assigned by the Executive Director.
The M&E Director will:
● Work with the Executive Director to create a strategic communication plan, with unified graphic images to further establish CHS’s brand. Evaluate the plan to ensure it is aligned with the organization’s overall mission and strategic plan.
● Collaborate with CHS’s contracted graphic designer to ensure all collateral material fits into the organization’s strategic communication plan.
● Develop social media content that promotes events. In collaboration with the Education and Outreach Manager, create content on the history of the area to share on social channels
● Maintain CHS’s website to ensure it is an updated and dynamic extension of CHS
● Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop press releases and materials to
distribute to media outlets
● The M&E Director will be responsible for blast emails for CHS generally as well as for
the Showhouse and other events.
● The M&E Director will work with the Executive Director to produce and distribute
periodic newsletters to CHS members and friends.
2. General Events and Showhouse Duties
In the summer, CHS hosts a variety of educational events as well as the Cashiers Designer Showhouse®, which is CHS’s primary fundraiser. Showhouse takes place during the last of August and concludes Labor Day weekend. Work on the Showhouse starts in the winter and reaches a crescendo during July and August. The M&E Director’s duties regarding the Showhouse include the following:
● Develop events with the Executive Director. The M&E Director will work with vendors, set up ticket sales, and manage the event day-of.
● Work with the Education and Outreach Manager to promote and manage educational events
● In collaboration with the Showhouse leadership team, create all written and graphic materials for Benefactor and Sponsor packets.
● In collaboration with the Showhouse leadership team, produce and distribute all press releases and other necessary communications regarding the Showhouse.
● In collaboration with the Showhouse leadership team, arrange and manage any caterers, entertainment, rentals, florists, etc. engaged in connection with the Showhouse.
● Manage contracts with the owner of the house, the Designers, the Sponsors, the Vendors and other providers of services or space.
● In collaboration with the Showhouse leadership team, arrange and manage all venues for the Showhouse programs.
3. Required Skills/Qualifications
● The M&E Director must have proven experience in marketing events and/or planning and managing events.
● The M&E Director should have strong marketing and communication skills. Experience with AdobeSuite, Canva, and Google Workspace preferred.
● The M&E Director should have strong skills in website management and managing social media. Experience with Wix, MetaBusiness Suite, and MailChimp preferred.
● The M&E Director must have good recommendations from the most recent former employers.
Full-time employment: This is a full-time job requiring 40 hours per week. Weekend work is required. Remote work may be negotiated with the Executive Director; however, the Marketing and Events Director will need to be onsite from June through mid- September.
Base Compensation: The base annual salary would range from $55,000 to $68,000 depending upon experience and other qualifications.
In addition the M&E Director would receive $200 per month to defray the costs of health insurance.
Personal time: The position includes 28 days of personal time. Except for emergencies, the personal time must be taken during the period starting October 1 and ending on the following May 31. Subject to the foregoing, all planned personal time must be coordinated with the Executive Director. That said, the months of April, May, September and October are busy times at CHS. Planned personal time during those months should be carefully considered. The maximum amount of planned personal time that could be taken at any one time would be 14 days, and any periods of planned personal time should be separated by at least one month. Unused personal time may not be carried over to subsequent years.
CHS recognizes New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. CHS is open during holidays that occur during the summer season—Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day—but if circumstances require working on those days, the holidays will be made up during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000-$68,000