[listing expires 12/1/2023]
Organization: Gaston County Museum
Organization Website: www.gastoncountymuseum.org
This position will report directly to the Museum Curator and will assist primarily with the Museum's on-going & rotating exhibits.
Examples of Duties
- The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Assist in the planning, research, installation, and de-installation of rotating exhibitions.
- Assist and coordinate regular maintenance, updates, and installation of exhibitions at the request of the Curator.
- Assist with and write didactic labels and other copy as needed for exhibitions, including digital content for social media, website, and newsletters.
- Provide administrative support to Curator for organization of exhibit related tasks, and general office duties.
- Coordinate information among various museum departments, including curatorial, collections, visitor services, education and programs, and administration.
- Serve as liaison for curator's external contacts, including artists, galleries, lenders, teachers, and others as needed.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, and logistics for exhibit openings and special events.
Graduation with a high school diploma or GED equivalency required. Bachelor's Degree in art, history, or other related field preferred. At least 6 months of experience working in a museum, gallery, or historic site preferred. Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends as determined by the Curator or Director.
Hiring Salary Range: Minimally qualified applicants will start at 25% of the salary range: $15.61/hr
Curatorial Assistant | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)