[listing expires 10/10/2023]
Organization Name: Preservation Greensboro Incorporated
Organization Website: www.preservationgreensboro.org
Part-Time Position/20 hours per week/In person
Up to $20/hour, based on experience.
Reports To: Executive Director
The Blandwood Manager is responsible for the overall management, operation, and programming of the Museum. Blandwood Museum includes the historic house and dependencies, gardens, museum shop and the Carriage House. This position will answer directly to the Executive Director. The Blandwood Manager will work closely with the Community Outreach Director.
- Act as primary contact responsible for coordinating the care of grounds and contact for contractors/volunteers to make repairs to the grounds and buildings.
- Manages preservation of the museum following the Secretary of Interior Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Carry out supervisory/managerial responsibilities including interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work of docents establishing deadlines; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Fill in positions when staff is out sick.
- Design and implement public relations activities that increase awareness of the museum and promote local recreational opportunities through effective marketing, and public events.
- Present specialized educational programming for school and community organizations; conduct off-site outreach educational programming, and promotional outings.
- Prepare, administer, and monitor museum budget.
- Research and apply for grants.
- Prepare reports and recommendations regarding museum operations using a variety of computer software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and e-mail programs.
- Manage curatorial responsibilities including the acquisition, deaccessioning, care, conservation, cataloging, storage, display, and annual audits of collection.
- Set policy and procedure needed for the care and preservation of the artifact collection.
- Perform other duties at the direction of the Executive Director.
Masters or Bachelors of Arts in Museum Studies, Architecture, Historic Preservation, or related field.
- Experience in preservation planning, architectural history, or museum studies, with demonstrated experience and knowledge of Best Practices in Historic Preservation and Historic House Museums.
- Cultural competence working with individuals and groups in the community, including businesses, and volunteers.
- Establishing priorities, strong initiative, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
Hiring Salary Range: $20/hr
Please provide a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read Blandwood Manager. In the body of the email please state your intentions and name your favorite historic house museum.